Evening my dear reader chums!
My apologies for not posting yesterday was revising, my exams are next week, scary times! Anyways, today's blog is about confidence. I've always been a really shy person and it wasn't till lately that my confidence has grown. I think its the whole concept of joining sixth form and meeting new people which has really helped. I'm going to give you some tips to help boost your confidence, here you go:
1) Speak up in class- I used to never do this as I was always scared that I'll be wrong and people will judge me but who cares? If you have an answer/opinion share it with the class as you never know it could be right and you might get praise from the teacher and smiles from the more confident people who usually do all the answering.
2) Talk to more people- Don't isolate yourself so much and stick to your friendship group, say an occasionally hi to people in your year group and start a conversation when your waiting for class as you never know they may be really nice and you may have a lot in common. When your at a social occasion introduce yourself to people you don't know, don't stay in your comfort zone with your friends, it will really help your talking skills by meeting new people.
3) Say yes to group outings- If your invited somewhere go to it! Don't hesitate as your worried people will be there that you've never met, go and enjoy yourself! Live while your young and have those experiences!
4) Embrace your insecurities- I guarantee all of us have looked in the mirror and said eww at one point in our lives. There's no need to, next time you look in the mirror instead of picking everything you don't like out, think of what you do like and embrace it. Those flaws that you have make you, you, that's what makes you beautiful and unique, don't go and change yourself!
5) Compliment people- If you notice someones hair, make up, clothes etc one day and think they look nice tell them what you think, it will start conversation and will make the other person feel good as you never know you could of complimented their insecurities and boosted their confidence.
6) Volunteer- Go and volunteer at a local charity shop or at a care home as it will give you some experience of work and how to talk to adults in the working environment.
7) Don't listen to the haters- People who usually bully or make fun of you are just jealous and would kill to see you fall. Prove to them you're the better person and go for everything you do in life, try your best.
8) Stand up for yourself- If someone is being horrible and has said something bad to you or a friend don't hide away but confront them about what they have done, bullies hate confrontation knowing that your not the weak person they thought you were.
9) Believe in yourself- Self doubt is something we all do, its natural but there's no need for it! If you want to achieve something set that goal and believe you can do it! Build that confidence and follow your dreams!
10) Enjoy life- Very important point is to just enjoy life and don't let people get you down! If people are constantly putting you down you don't need them in your life, look for the people who will always be there supporting you.
Thank you for reading, I hope all these tips helped!
Be yourself its the best person you can be and follow those dreams! <3