Well hello to you my reader chums!
Cobbled streets, captivating coastlines, striking buildings, charismatic villages and exotic cultures, adventures open up the mind and feed the soul with many different experiences. The world is packed of exciting new opportunities, scenery and cultures, it'll be crazy to miss out on exploring them. I'm lucky enough to have already visited Barcelona and Gran Canaria this year with a trip to Rome planned in the next few days; a city I've been dreaming about since I was only small.
Whether it's heading to your nearest woodland track, cycling along the coast, going on a safari or parasailing off a boat, experiences and fun filled moments are what make life remarkable. In the future, when you look back at all those years before, you'll remember the exceptional times you dived into the ocean, cry laughed with your pals on a speed boat or hiked up the mountain, so now is the time to embrace every opportunity that comes your way.
Stories. One thing my best friends always say is 'think of all the stories we'll make'. This in itself is the reason I adore spontaneous moments, trips and seeing new places. I can be stuck on Pinterest for hours, scrolling at the endless travel images, stunning cities and girly holiday pictures; yet being there myself, breathing in the fresh sea air, soaking up sunshine or delicious cuisine, is my idea of heaven.
With all this in mind, here's 5 reasons why to plan you next adventure:
- Escape the everyday worries - When escaping to a new location, seeing the glorious views and ambiance, the last thing on your mind will be the unanswered emails, household chores or any other daily worries you may have; those struggles become a little less important.
- New cultures - You can see, taste and talk to many different walks of lives on adventures. Try unusual cuisine, witness their mannerisms and experience a different lifestyle.
- Stories - Whether this adventure is with your best friends, boyfriend, family or sister, it's a time to create the randomest of moments which will become some of your best stories to tell of your travels.
- Stepping out of your comfort zone - If you've read my blog for a while, you'd know I suffer from anxiety. By exploring the locations and doing crazy things I never thought I would, like parasailing, has in turn helped my confidence and slowly overcome my anxiety. It's allowed me to step out my comfort zone and believe I can conquer anything I put my mind to.
- Have fun - Feeling a bit bored of the typical routine everyday? Then planning a trip near or far wherever it may be will give you that motivation with something to be excited for.
I hope you enjoyed this Sunday thoughts style post. Where is your next adventure?
Thank you for reading <3