Well hello to you my reader chums and Happy New Year! I cannot believe 2017 has arrived and 2016 passed by so quickly. I did so many things within those 12 months that I hope this year is just as memorable. My last post, I wrote about the highlights of 2016 and today wanted to focus on goals for the upcoming year.
Bidding goodbye to an epic 2016 in the best possible way possible with my favourite people!
2016, for me was the year of personal growth, incredible adventures and unforgettable memories with my loved ones. I want to continue this positive energy into the next year and all the years to come.
Here's the resolutions I hope to tackle in 2017:
- Putting me first - I'm one of those people who worry a lot about everyone else's happiness and needs instead of focusing on my own. This year, I want to be that little bit more selfish with my time, pursuing my goals and focusing on me a little bit more.
- Travelling more - In 2016, I was lucky enough to go on 5 different holidays, visiting a handful of beautiful destinations. Through flying so much and seeing what the world has in store, this year I'd love to continue travelling, going to places I've never been before. I have an endless list of destinations I'd love to visit, all it takes now is some planning!
- Getting back into reading - Ever since I was able to read, my nose has always been in a book. Over the past few years, I've got too obsessed with the world of YouTube and social media, that reading took a back seat. This year, I'd love to rekindle that love of immersing myself into a story, reading every night before I go to bed.
- Being more daring - 2016 was a year of growth in many aspects of my life. This upcoming year, I want to further that even more, constantly pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Whether that's wearing a new outfit I wouldn't usually go for, hanging out with a new group of people or conquering one of my fears; I aim to just say yes to many more opportunities.
- Do some charity work - I'm a big fan of work many charities to do for others in need. I've never really dabbled into the world of helping others apart from donating when I can and adopting an elephant. However, this year, I want to see if there's any volunteering opportunities in my local area, to offer my time to those who need it.
- Pass my driving test - In August just gone, I finally plucked up the courage to begin driving lessons. Surprisingly, I wasn't the anxious driver I'd thought but generally feel quite comfortable behind the wheel. In 2017, I hope this is the year I'll be driving on the roads in my own car - I have my test booked, so fingers crossed all goes well.
- Continue pursuing my writing career - Writing has been a big passion of mine since a young age. Whether it was writing my own books or working for a magazine, I knew it was the career I wanted to go into. I'm going to begin focusing on it a lot more, trying to start freelance writing work and continuing the novel I began. 'You get what you work for not what you wish for'
- Getting fit and healthy - I set this goal every year, but instead of punishing myself for eating badly, I'm aiming to eat well and having treats when I fancy them. I think as long as you're not eating unhealthy foods all the time and indulge a few times a week on a few glasses of wine or a whole tub of Ben & Jerry's, it's okay. I'd love to however, get back into exercising more, whether that's beginning a gym membership or walking a lot more to places, I want to build up my fitness level to how it was a few years back.
- Spending time with my loved ones - With work, my hobbies and general life admin constantly coming up, I don't make nearly enough time to spend with my loved ones, who've been there for me since I was a baby. Family is everything and I sometimes take them for granted. I aim to do more things this year for those supporting me since day 1.
- Learning to love my own company - Even though I'm an introvert, I always like to have either my best friends or family around me as I'm not the biggest fan of being on my own. I think this all comes down to overthinking and how my mind works. If I'm distracted by something when alone, it's okay as I can focus on that instead of my thoughts. I want to aim to love being on my own, whether I'm distracted or not. I'd love to fully enjoy a walk to myself, sitting alone in a coffee shop or even watching a movie, instead of this constant need to talk to someone, filling that lonely void.
I hope you enjoyed my post about 2017 resolutions. What goals have you set for this year?
Thank you for reading <3